CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Self-Control Needed

Hmm. I really want this bag at Francesca's:
It is a knock off of this Miu Miu bag I really want but cannot afford and would not buy it if I could, as it's the cost of a plane ticket to Europe:






Disclaimer: I do not watch Gossip Girl. Much like with Twilight, I'm incredibly bothered by the message the books and the show send out to their target audience of overly susceptible teens. I watch a lot of smut reality TV, and enjoy shows like Sex and the City despite their ridiculousness, but those were grown women and it was primarily good-natured. Gossip Girl, the premise and the characters, are just...nasty. And I don't like things that make me feel ick inside. (Obviously, my future children are going to be annoyed at all the excellent TV I won't let them watch....)

Anyway, should I break my ban and buy the bag? I do love it...and I don't really have many purses.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

No, don't buy it. If you must spend a small fortune on a bag and you have almost no bags, at least get one that's going to have more than 1 or 2 years of functionality for you. Black? Brown? Something solid.

You will have lots of disposable income to indulge in bags when you are Ms. Moneybags, attorney-at-law. ;)

Erica said...

Oh, I didn't mean the Miu Miu one! I was thinking of the knockoff. But self-control won out and I didn't pick it up. :)

Unknown said...

I just tagged you over at my blog to show me your blogspot.

Rachael said...

I've only seen one episode of Gossip Girl and it made me feel ick, too. If I had teenage girls I wouldn't want them watching the show. It really is nasty.