CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Getting Them All

Hi blog world,

Today I turn in my last paper of the year! It's not for a grade but to get on law review, which is prestigious and looks awesome on a resume.

More importantly, I have a date tomorrow. (Different guy--told you I would get them all!) I haven't had a date in five years, which pretty much means I've never dated as an adult--as someone who's confident, and has experiences and opinions and isn't half-formed. Zach and I grew into adulthood together--I don't really remember getting to know him at all. It was like I always knew him, and there was never really that uncomfortable, getting-to-know-you, sizing-you-up phase.

So I'm a little skittish about this whole process. What if I'm too nervous to be myself? What if he's not as literate and witty as he seems? Dress or jeans? Drink with dinner? How do people end up married, anyway? This is more stressful than the torts exam, to which there was also no answer.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited, though. I'll let you know how this goes.

4 comments:

Trace said...

First of all, congrats on turning in your last paper of the year! Wooohooo what a relief - now you can celebrate and relax! Second, good luck on your DATE!! OMG how exciting girl! Like everyone always says, just be yourself and follow your instincts and you'll be amazing. Where are you guys going? Can't wait to hear how it is!

*Diane* said...

Yay for your final paper!And goodluck on your date!! I'm sure it'll be great, just like Trace said, be yourself and follow your instincts...and Enjoy yourself..and you did say you'd get all the guys :-)...wooo!!

Ally said...

I say go into it with low-to-no expectations of him and be stoked about a free meal. I know i know. It's shallow. BUT...I'd much rather be pleasantly surprised than horribly let down.

You're not going to marry this guy so just have fun. Practice talking/dating/etc. You'll eventually get the right one and you'll know.

Erica said...

Trace--Thanks! We went to Alo, which if you're ever in Dallas is an amazing, intimate little Peruvian restaurant. :)

Diane--Thanks! Haha, yes, getting them all. But one at a time. ;)

Ally--Took your advice and had an amazing time! I always offer to pay my half though, because if I were a guy I'd get tired of all the first date expenditures. It's not like anyone ever lets me, though.