CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Where Does Time Go?

I really am horrible about posting when I don't have outfit pics! But my parents are very generously buying me a new camera for my European whirl in June, so after that I should be back in business.

I took two law finals this week, and while I feel like I did well on the first one, so did everyone else. So that might not bode well. The one today...ugh. Questions from last semester, questions about things we didn't even discuss this semester, questions from footnotes in our casebook! Craziness, and who knows what I will get in there!

But then three more finals, and 1L year is over, and I will have a load of advice for all the 0Ls looking for comfort (or confirmation of their fears, ha!).

In other news, as of yesterday I was single for exactly one month. That's the longest I've been single since I was 18, but it's not really been an adjustment. I'd already been moving toward independence for a while. I've learned a lot about myself, though--that I can carry all my bags of groceries by myself at once, in a bout of superstrength. That I'm actually a more positive, self-sufficient person when I don't have a shoulder who is obligated to listen to my every little whine. (I still can't open the V8, however, so I shouldn't get ahead of what an independent girl I am!)

However, law school made me realize that having a family is something I want, and since I'm almost 25 (not that that is old, of course, but really your ovaries only last so long) I'll probably start casually dating again soon. I had a nice flirtation with a guy working in the campus bookstore today, and Monday I'm going to go sell some more of my text books and ask him out. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I've missed your posts! This guy will be putty in your hands.

*Diane* said...

Goodluck on your remaining exams. I just finished mine. Woot!! to your independence. lol. As for the V8, have you tried hitting it under the bottle? (that's the only tip i've got) Um, can i be a stow away in your luggage when you go on your to Europe..lol. And as for your bookstore boy,i say go get em girlie :-)

Ally said...

Being single in my mid-20s was the best thing to ever happen to me. Enjoy the flirting and time alone. You'll learn so much about yourself spending several months single.

In the mean time, get one of those grippy jar opener things. :D