CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lack of Social Graces




Outfit: Dress: Ann Taylor Loft; Knit cardigan: Guenevere; Flats: Liz Claiborne ($8!); Swallow Necklace: Nordstrom BP
I’m not the most graceful or socially adept person, though I like to believe that charm and friendliness make up for these defects. That being said, I still embarrass myself more than I’d like to.

Incident 1: Yesterday, I ran home after lunch to walk the dog and slipped on some flip-flops to head back to my last class. When I got there, I realized that I was wearing one black sparkle flip-flop and one brown leather one.

Incident 2: Today, it of course started to rain as I headed toward my truck, so I started to jog in the interests of protecting my laptop. Between my hobble-jog and my backpack, my skirt ended up heading north, and I’m pretty sure that the people immediately behind me got a cheeky surprise.

Oddly enough, I was way more embarrassed about wearing mismatched shoes than I was about sharing what kind of skivvies I was wearing with my peers.

Tomorrow I plan on wearing pants and matching shoes. We’ll see how it goes.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Ha! I flashed my bum at my coworkers on a windy day. I still am vaguely embarassed when I wear that skirt.

Kasmira said...

Tee hee, I totally wore one brown and one black boot to work once:

http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2007/02/fashion-faux-pas.html

My husband delivered the other brown boot to my office to save me from my embarrassment.

Boutique Girl said...

Hi, Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! Owning and running your own boutique is hard work but very rewarding - I am so glad that I followed my dream!

Erica said...

Those stories make me feel better...glad I'm not alone. Your boot story is too funny! If my boyfriend had been at home, I definitely would have made him bring me the mate.