CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ladies in Ballgowns


I definitely fell down on the studying this weekend...I panicked Thursday night about one of my exams, and so Zach headed over and took off Friday to study with me. It actually really helped, so I think I did fine on that exam...but the one tomorrow fell prey to Harper's Bazaar and cheesy Christmas movies. (Aren't the Harper's Bazaar fashion shoots consistently amazing? They're always beautiful and lush and arty, not just stark, contorted women posing in front of flat canvas.)


But on to more enjoyable and interesting subjects, I ate at a Spanish restaurant this weekend and had amazing roasted curry-spiced chicken and roasted apples and pan con tomate and crema catalana...delicious! We also saw a Swedish film called "Let the Right One In," about an incredibly lonely and isolated little boy who, physically and emotionally abused by his peers, befriends a girl outside his apartment who turns out to be a vampire. It was an odd, sad little movie, and some people left in the middle, but I liked it. There are tons of films I want to see soon..."Nobel Son," "Happy-Go-Lucky," "Doubt," "Slumdog Millionaire."


This is my $10 shirt from Anthropologie--I love the ladies-in-ballgowns print! The shoes were also ridiculously cheap...I bought them three years ago at Dillards, and someone (*cough*Zach*cough*) said, "You'll never wear lavender shoes!" But see, I was just waiting for the right shirt to go with them. They were a little too sweet to wear with just any old outfit.


Outfit: Shirt: Anthro; shoes: Gianni Bini; Tights: Target; Skirt: Old Navy; Belt: Nordstrom BP

7 comments:

Tabitha said...

Such a cute outfit and you can't go wrong with discounted Anthro :)

Shante said...

i can't believe you found something at Anthro apparel for 10 dollars. I am constantly in that store (obsessed much) and never find deals like that. Good shopping! And love the shoes with the opaque tights - they are becoming a staple in my winter wardrobe.

*Diane* said...

Aww, you look so cute, that shirt is really lovely. And now you have me pining for Spanish food. and lazy summer afternoons spent laughing over good food...i miss the summer.lol. And your lavender shoes are adorable!

*Diane* said...

oh, and i'm w/ on Bazaar Mag. Their fashion shoots are always fantastic!

Sheila said...

I really want to see "Let the Right One In" - it hasn't opened here yet. I love the run-up to Oscar season (I have watched the Oscars since I was in my early teens, so over 25 years!).

This is a great outfit - very cute on you.

Trace said...

What a fun top, I love it, excellent find at Anthro. So cute with the shoes too. I love lavender!!

Erica said...

Fashion Therapist--Thanks! I checked out your site too, and really love your style!

Shante--I'm obsessed with that store too...I went to a huge two-story one in Boston and was in heaven. :)

Lady D--Thanks! I miss summer too--I hate bundling up.

Sheila--I love the run-up to Oscar season, too! It's nice to finally get some good movies instead of all that dreck they shove down our throats the rest of the year.

Trace--Thanks! I really love lavender, too, but oddly don't ahve much of it in my wardrobe. Maybe I should work on that! ;)