CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Outfit Treat



A few posts back, I put together an outfit on the addictive Polyvore and said I would get it as a treat when finals were over...but luckily all I had to buy was the skirt! I'd been wanting a lace skirt anyway, after seeing all the lace on the runways, so everything worked out.

The total from the Polyvore outfit was $4,355--hahahaaaaa. Hilarious.

My outfit:
Cardi: $20 from AT Loft
Tie-front shirt: $50 (ish, can't remember, but on sale!) from Banana Republic
Ring: Free! From when WHBM messed up my order.
Bag: $20 from Nine West Outlet
Skirt: $118 (Christmas splurge; some remorse)
Shoes: $55 from Stuart Weitzman (as an aside, I have good luck with designer shoes for cheap--I've had these for years! They've got a cut-out flower detail on the toe box and are very comfortable.)
Grand total: $263. Actually, still a lot. But since I didn't buy it all at once or even to go together, I won't feel too bad. (Also, please excuse the red eye.)

I tried to watch Tropic Thunder tonight, because it was supposed to be hilarious...not so much, to me. However, I also just watched Borat, and am kind of embarrassed about how hard parts of it made me laugh. And, in my scurry-hurry-watch-all-the-movies-I-can-before-school-starts-again mode, I went and saw Doubt with my best friend, and it was very good. I greatly admire Meryl Streep...wasn't she luminously beautiful when she was younger?

8 comments:

Jules said...

Great outfit. Love the skirt

Trace said...

Very well put-together! Love that shade of yellow and the skirt is fab. Oh and a big CONGRATS on finishing your first semester!!

ohthatgirl said...

You rocked this look. $4,355!!!! Are you serious! I'll stick with your version any day.


THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one that didn't find Tropic Thunder hilarious. The funniest part to me was the beginning (fake ads and previews) and watching the parents who decided to bring their young kids to the dollar theater (I wasn't paying full price to see it) with all the cussing and suggestive subject matter. The looks on the kids (and parents) faces were priceless. LOL!

Unknown said...

Awesome outfit recreation! I have to say I like the cheaper version better!

Isn't Polyvore so much fun? I could spend hours on there just making stuff up

Congrats on your first sememster down!

Shante said...

ooooh, I so want to see Doubt. Maybe I'll do that this weekend - oh wait, I have to finish my Christmas gifts because I'm cool and decided to make all my Christmas gifts this year. Photos coming to me blog soon.

Anyway, love love LOVE the skirt and the complete outfit. You have amazing taste! Or have I said that before?

*Diane* said...

You look very lovely and lady-like.And i love your purse. And i went and saw Tropic Thunder w/ my boyfriend, and we were disappointed, and left the theater feeling like we wasted time and money.

Kayleigh said...

Love the yellow & the lace together...really a knock-out look!

I adore Meryl Streep and can't wait to see 'Doubt' -- glad you liked it :)

Sheila said...

Don't regret the skirt - it's a total classic that you'll have for years. You look awesome! That yellow is an excellent colour on you.