CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Polka Dots



Unfortunately, I didn't find any good deals during Black Friday...this might be the last year I venture out. It was too crazy at the mall for me, and I got there before 7 am.

Exams start a week from today, and while I'm not generally a panicker, it's stressful that one test is worth my entire grade...so there will be a lot of studying this week! But hopefully a little fashion, because I need to destress somehow. :)

Unfortunately for me, I sit by the class "gunner" (a law school term defined as that kid who always has his/her hand raised, usually waving it frantically, and who sighs loudly when someone else gets an answer wrong and occasionally mutters about their stupidity, and who runs up to the professor after class, book clutched to chest, to discuss some pressing matter of tort law). This means that I get to hear about how long her outlines are, how many hours a night she studies, and how many internships she has already applied for for next summer.
That does not help my psyche...while I have been working hard, and keeping up with everything, I know I'm not working nearly as hard as some. Some people have entered the law vortex and made it their lives, but I...just can't. I like dinner with friends, and dates with my boyfriend, and naps on a Sunday afternoon with the dog. So I choose to believe that even if I am not at the top of my class, I'm ultimately a happier and saner person for the balance I worked at during the semester...but we shall see if I'm kicking myself when grades come out!

I decided this dress was too short for heels and put on black mary-jane flats before leaving. However, I was too lazy/late to get another picture. Looks like I was too lazy to take the red eye out, as well.
Outfit: Dress: Macys; Tights: Target; Bracelet: Forever 21.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are fab shoes, though - you'll have to wear them with something else. You look adorable in this.

I firmly believe that work is just the means to support your real life. You've got it right, Erica. :)

Kayleigh said...

I adore those tights! I think they really ground the dress, you know? Super cute :)

*Diane* said...

Ahh! I love this dress! (you know i kinda have soft spot for all things short! and the tights are adorable!
And i'm with you,is it all worth it to stick your nose in a book as life passes you by? i think not!

KayeStar said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I have had those same tights for over a month now and and have been too scared to wear them (I am slowly learning to wear colored tights). But seeing how great you looked prompted me to throw mine on today. Thanks!!

Andrea Eames said...

I think you are admirable for having a life. The class gunner won't be able to sustain that pace and intensity forever. It's far healthier to have a balance!

Those tights are gorgeous. IwantIwant! :D

Erica said...

Thanks all! The tights were only $4 at Target if anyone wants to give them a try. :)