CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Property Passed....



I just took my first exam, and I actually think I did well! I'm trying to not get too hopeful, however, as the test is graded on a curve, so what really matters is how much better I did than other people. But secretly, I think I did better than them. ;) And if not, I'll never mention it again.

However, I take it as a sign from above that I did do well, as I went to Anthro and found a shirt for $10!! And even better, it was one that I contemplated buying several months ago but held off on.

I have four more exams left, with the two hardest ones next week. After they're over, I'm going to lay in front of my boyfriend's big TV and watch No Country for Old Men and The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, my favorite movies. I highly recommend them both....Umbrellas is a French musical from the sixties, and at first I was jarred by the sung-through narrative and thought it was going to be brightly colored fluff...and then by the end I was sobbing. Several of my friends hate No Country, citing a lack of plot and and substance, but...it does have a plot, and it's about everything, namely the randomness and futility of life but the pushing hope to keep going anyway. I actually liked the movie better than the book, which almost never happens.

Anyway, Lester is trying to sit on the keyboard, so he probably wants me to watch TV with him before I start studying again.

Outfit: Sweater skirt: Old Navy; Tights: Target; Shoes: Liz Claiborne via outlet; Cami: Ann Taylor Loft; Sweater: Anthro

A picture of my tree! Note the shoe ornaments. :)

5 comments:

Kayleigh said...

I love that cardigan -- very cute! And the shoe ornaments on the tree are sweet -- I love themed trees :)

Shante said...

i love your blog! You have fabulous taste in clothing and you're writing is very witty. As for law school exams - my husband and I got married just days before he took his first year exams. We realized later we were totally crazy! he graduated with honors and after a year working for a totally ridiculous firm he landed a job he loves. all in all, law school is so worth it. good luck with next week's exams.

Shante said...

please excuse the typo(s) in my last post. ek!

Sheila said...

I really like "No Country for Old Men" but then I am a Coen Bros fan from way back.

Love your tree! I'll have to do a shot of my tree(s) and show off my shopping themed ornaments.

A movie recommendation for you: "Lars and the Real Girl" - I cried all through the end of it. It's a really, really sweet movie.

Trace said...

Such a cute cardigan and I love the shoe ornaments! I really need to see No Country for Old Men. I've heard so much about it, this post is another reminder that I need to check it out!