CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



I'm going home for the holiday, so I won't have internet till Sunday! (Horrifying, right?) So everyone have a safe and happy holiday with your friends and family.

I leave you with the above (low-key) outfit.

And this sonnet, stolen from my undergrad nemesis Shakespeare (preferring Rochester to Romeo, I loathed any lit before 1800)

Erica's Sonnet #1--To Torts Class

Shall I compare thee to a winter’s day?
Thou art more dismal and more miserable.
Your words do barely brush my mind,
My focus hath all too short a span;
Sometimes too confusing your questions pose,
And oft is my understanding dimmed;
And from dutiful care to Britney I sometimes slide,
By chance or nature’s changing course untrimm’d;
But thy eternal morning shall not end
Nor grow in interest as it could;
Boredom brags I wanderest in his shadow,
When in eternal lines to time this class growest;

So long as I can sigh, or eyes can glaze,
So long lasts torts, and this gives despair to me.
(Written this morning in torts. I hate torts class. It's truly awful. The professor mumbles and meanders from one topic to another, and by the end I'm more up on Madonna's divorce and Angelina's twins than I thought possible. Thank you, perezhilton.com)


Outfit: Dress: Jeans: Seven skinnies; Shirt: Urban Outfitters: Satin Ballet flats: Nine West; Ring: WHBM. I like the embroidery on the shirt, but too bad it was hidden by my hair!

6 comments:

Katie Keisler said...

I love the detailing on that blouse!

Katie

*Diane* said...

The detailing of that blouse is lovely! And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!!!!!!

Andrea Eames said...

Like everyone else, I love the detail on the blouse! :P Happy Thanksgiving!

Sheila said...

I love that blouse! Great details on it. There is something about that "urban cowgirl" look that I really like.

Your sonnet is excellent.

Torts suck. I deal with liability and negligence when I negotiate leases for my clients. I hate insurance clauses.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving! Eat lots of turkey!

Kayleigh said...

Count me in on loving the blouse -- that subtle detailing makes it look especially nice -- simple & sweet, very cute :)

Hope you're having a great T-day!!!

*Diane* said...

i've given you the butterfly award on my blog, sorry it took me so long to tell you