CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Quasi-Compliments, Plus a Sweater Skirt


Today one of my law acquaintances told me she kind of hated me for taking the time to get ready and look so "precious" each day. While I choose to accept that as a compliment, I think people could perhaps couch things more tactfully...what do you say to things like that? Thank you? I'm sorry?

I would always rather get half an hour less sleep and look great, because that starts the day out right. Like Wheaties. But I love going to my closet each morning, and picking out whatever fits my mood and/or the weather...and it's just as easy to throw on a dress as it is to put on sweats.

I'm not original here...the cardi and the skirt are from the same place. I was checking out the sweater skirts from Anthropologie, really wanting one but not wanting to pay quite that much, when Old Navy, of all places, had one. So I ordered the cardi while I was at it. The shoes are Crown Vintage via DSW...they're navy, if you can't tell in the pic! The inside is a delightful bright mustardy color which, even though I can't see it, makes me oddly happy.

7 comments:

Ally said...

I love that cardi! I think the extra 20-30 minutes a day is worth it :)

Andrea Eames said...

I get that from people too - I usually respond by telling them they could do exactly the same if they bothered ;)

Thanks for your lovely comment, it's very kind of you. :)

Katie Keisler said...

Aw they're just jealous! In my opinion, taking a few extra minutes in the morning to look my best makes me feel better ALL day long!

So worth is!

Katie

Sheila said...

I would respond with:

"How sad for you!"

"It sounds like you have a competition issue."

Look her up and down and say, "Well, I can see your time is spent elsewhere."

Heh, if you're in a catty mood, that is.

It is worth every second that I spend - how I feel about myself affects my entire day. If I feel that I look great, I feel more positive, and that has a ripple effect throughout everyone I talk to.

*Diane* said...

Very pretty cardi! and lol to what everyone before me said!

lorrwill said...

I love this outfit - but then I have found quite a few that rule. You are extremely good at picking colors that compliment your natural coloring.

Ah yes, the back-handed compliment.

I try to take the high road and just say 'thank you.'

Sometimes I want to respond in kind so bad that I can taste it. I see that Sheila and snark the same way. hee hee hee

lorrwill said...

That last sentence was supposed to read "and I". Sheila and I.

Oh I give up.