CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Dreaming of Audrey


I'm reading Enchantment, a biography of Audrey Hepburn right now, and her simple elegant style always inspires me...as does her work in Africa. Tomorrow I'm starting meetings for a charity auction for the public interest law department, which is a step in the Audrey direction...I think these shoes are, too.
Also, today I got my first paper back and did much better on it than expected, so hopefully that boost of confidence will take me right through finals! Having only one grade for each class at the end of the semester is rather daunting, because you can't gauge your own abilities in relation to everyone else's until too late.
But to the outfit:
Shirt: The Limited; Jeans: Seven skinnies; Shoes: Poetic License via Nordstrom Rack...my fave for great deals!; pearl hoop earrings: Forever 21
Those two other pairs of shoes in the pic are indicative of my apartment's general state...it's clean, but there are shoes everywhere!

7 comments:

Sheila said...

This is a very cute look for you!

I have been an Audrey fan since I first saw "Breakfast at Tiffany's" when I was 10 (it was my parents' first date movie when they met, and "Moon River" was their wedding song). She is a true style icon.

Congrats on the paper!

*Diane* said...

Very cute! Love those shoes! You know i've never seen Breakfast @ Tiffanys?

Andrea Eames said...

Gorgeous shoes!

ohthatgirl said...

So jealous of your skinny jeans and I covet those cute shoes ...very Audrey, indeed. ;O)

90-Dayer said...

Those shoes are too dang cute! Love them....A LOT!

Erica said...

Sheila, that is such a great story! I love that movie. Lady D, I definitely recommend it...and keep some Kleenex handy. ;)

Thanks for the shoe love!

Katie Keisler said...

I love this outfit! I think every girl can relate - Audrey Hepburn is the ultimate woman role model! :-) I have a pic of her on my blog!