CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fringed Boots


I should start this post by saying that my boyfriend is not a fan of these fringed boots. Despite that, however, he shoved his foot into them to stretch out the heel so I could get them on more easily (previously, it took a lot of tugging!). And that, my friends, is devotion. I wish I had gotten a picture of it, but no such luck. :)

Anyway, we went to the mall to get me a new cream coat, because my dark jeans (which have been washed several times) stained my old one and the blue streaks wouldn't come out. As we rounded the corner to head to Anthropologie, my oft-frequented Mecca, I ran into an old friend I hadn't talked to in months, and awkwardness ensued.

I hadn't talked to her because when I decided to become a lawyer instead of a teacher (her career), she decided I was selling out to make more money (totally true, and justified). Then, however, she slowly stopped calling me back. Her face hardened when I won a full scholarship to law school; she changed the subject when I talked about how excited Zach and I were to see the cathedrals in Spain. And then things just tapered off, as friendships sometimes do. When someone can only share your bad days, and not feel joy at your great ones, then there's not much there worth having.

So at the end of our uneasy, overly bright conversation, I said, "Oh, see you soon!" and then, because I have word vomit, tacked "maybe" on the end of it, which I currently feel kind of awful about. Hopefully, tact is something you develop as you age.

Outfit: Sweater: White House Black Market; Jeans: Sevens; Boots: Steve Madden; Bracelet: Forever 21



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! They are cute!

90-Dayer said...

You do wear pants! LOL :) I think the boots are adorable. I'm sure a pic with your BF stretching your boots would have been priceless and great for blackmail.

I agree. A great friend helps you through the bad days/times and is just as excited as you are during the good times. And no friend disses you because of career change. She may need to hire you one day!

Sheila said...

I like the boots! I tend to ignore what my husband says about my outfits - he doesn't follow fashion and doesn't "get" it.

I've become less tactful as I age, ha!

Ally said...

That is true love! :)

A true friend wouldn't diss you based on your career choice - it sounds a little like jealousy to me.

*Diane* said...

I really like that shirt and those boots are very cute!
And while i would like to say its a shame you lost a friend over your success, i say good riddance.
Harsh, but i say surround yourself with Good people who care about you. Thru your mountain highs and valley lows. If they don't fit the bill, they aren't worth it.

lorrwill said...

I love this whole outfit. Good for you for dressing the way you want. What do guys know anyway? lol

From my older perspective, I am not so sure your parting word to your friend (who does not sound like a true friend anyway) was tactless as much as honest.

Katie Keisler said...

You have the perfect figure for the "skinny jeans" look tucked into the boots!

It looks great on you!

Katie