CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Out on the Town




This weekend we went to see The Light in the Piazza, and I really enjoyed it. I thought I would compare it (perhaps unfavorably) to the version I saw on Broadway, but this theater was small and intimate, and so it was a totally different experience. And spending a night with my beautiful best friend wasn't too shabby, either...we ate at an "organic, global" restaurant called The Dream Cafe, and the food was excellent! Tomato basil pasta with pine nuts, polenta fries and fried zucchini, creme brulee...mmm.

If you like musicals, I recommend the cast recording--the leads are amazing, the music is romantic, and the story is bittersweet in the best way.

Other than that, I've been working on my final paper--it's 100% of my grade, which is a little worrisome. But I've worked hard and got it written, so now it's just getting tweaked till Thursday when I turn it in. Hearing other people stress about it is making me more stressed than the paper itself, though!

I love this dress--the light mint silk, the way the skirt swirls, the embroidery. It made me feel very 40s goddess. However, it did not photograph well! Maybe next time around their will be better light. It's also hard to see the shoes, but they're a warm bronze-gold patent peeptoe that I got on sale last-minute. The store was closing, but the saleslady was very helpful and let me stay and get them!


Outfit: Dress: Anthropologie; Coat: Nordstrom BP; Shoes: Gianni Bini, Dillards; Bracelet: Kohls

8 comments:

Ally said...

You look so gorgeous and glowy! You two look great together :)

Katie Keisler said...

Ally is right, you ARE glowy!

Unknown said...

That is such a gorgeous dress! Those shoes are cute and that coat is great!

Kasmira said...

The dress looks great in the photo, so it must look simply AMAZING in real life! You look like a goddess.

(Adding the soundtrack to my Amazon wishlist!)

Sheila said...

What a beautiful dress (covets the dress)! And you look just gorgeous, Erica. What a sweet looking man you have. :)

Anonymous said...

CUTE DRESS! I love getting dressed up and going to shows like that. You look great, lady!

Erica said...

Thanks so much for all your comments!! Ha, the secret to being glowy is being so pale that you almost glow in the dark...I'm never in the sun. :)

90-Dayer said...

Awww. You look like a princess! Very nice dress.