CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

And the Kettleball Killed Me



My "Butt and Gut" class definitely almost killed me...I pictured some crunches and lunges, but instead I spent an intense half an hour swinging around a 15-pound yellow ball with a handle, lurching left and right and up and down. So much harder than I thought, and by the time I was done I was shaking. But I'll keep going, because something that painful must be working, right?

Now that it's finally getting cooler I'm scrambling to wear my summery clothes as much as possible and make them work for as long as I can...I love fall and winter outfits most of all, but since the season here is relatively short my summer wardrobe is much larger than my winter one, and I always get bored with my sweaters before it warms up again.

However, I never get bored with Halloween. It's my favorite. I've been buying up candy and favors to drop in kids' buckets, and I also picked up this zombie baby at the Halloween store down the road. Because I read too much Stephen King, I usually have to cover it before I go to bed at night.

His name is Eustace...but I'm the only one who seems to think he's great.

Outfit: Skirt: Urban Outfitters; Button-Down: Anthropologie; Cardigan: NY & Company; Shoes: Liz Claiborne via Outlet. I need to wear some different shoes!

5 comments:

Kasmira said...

I think the zombie baby is great too. And I would also cover him at night. Well, actually, I'd probably have to lock him in my car at night. I'd be too afraid to even have him in the house.

ohthatgirl said...

LOL! *died* That pic with you and the baby! Hilarious. Love.

ITA about the summer clothes vastly outnumbering the winter for Texans. I'm also using every little bit of my summer wardrobe as long as I possibly can.

I really need to try this "butt and gut" class. I love to feel like I got my asskicked when the class is over...on occasion. ;O)

*Diane* said...

I'm with you on trying to get as much usage on summer clothes as it gets cooler. I think i tried some ab class in the past and it hurt to laugh

Sheila said...

Oh my god, I love that baby! I would put him in my library next to my full collection of Stephen King novels.

You are too funny.

I'm also trying to get mileage out of my summer stuff for a long as I can - wearing tights and boots with my summery clothes. I've been meaning to clean out my closet and put aside some of my seasonal clothes, but I can't bring myself to do it yet.

Anonymous said...

I saw that zombie baby at the Halloween store also and really wanted to get it, but didn't. I'm glad there are more people out there just like me that like the creepy things in life. Haha!