CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trauma




My professor called on me for almost forty minutes today, and I almost had a heart attack. I hate this "Socratic Method" of instruction. Several of the questions he asked I didn't know the answer to, and I slunk out of class feeling very dunce-y.

I feel like I'll do well on my exams, because I've always been a hard worker and a calm tester, but there's something about getting sporadically called on in front of 90 other people that makes me shake in my little patent flats. And I know most of my classmates are probably sympathetic to me, because I'm always rooting for whoever gets called on...but still. Not pleasant.

Outfit: Dress: Fossil, Cardigan: AT Loft; Shoes: Steve Madden

I had seen these shoes on What Not To Wear and was waiting for them to go on sale, and then lo and behold, on a random trip to Dillards they had one pair left...and it was my size...and it was over half off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the shoes! They are super cute.

*Diane* said...

I like it, simple but tres cute!
I want your yellow top!!

90-Dayer said...

I HATED talking in front of a crowd (sporadically or not). When I took my job, my boss told me that I would have to give presentations every Tuesday at different offices. Ugh, I wanted to call out every Tuesday but, after three years, I'm all good now :)

Very cute outfit. Love the cardi!

Sheila said...

I hate getting put on the spot and not being able to articulate myself.

Looking fab while you were being grilled is a plus! I love "What Not to Wear"!

Erica said...

Thanks all!

*lady d*--I have almost worn this yellow cardigan out, it's my favorite thing right now...

penny-pinching princess--It makes me feel better to know I can get used to it and better at it!

Sheila--"What Not to Wear" is absolutely my favorite guilty-pleasure show...I can watch it all day. In fact, I have.