CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fashion for the Four-Legged Set

Hunk of Burnin' Love

Nutcracker Suite
Hula Pug

Pirate Witch...Arrr

This weekend I went to the Chiesta, a fundraiser held by Chihuahua Rescue and Transport. I've gone for the last four years, and it's always a lot of fun. I also find dogs in costumes hilarious, so that might be part of my enjoyment.

So many people get chihuahuas because they're so small and cute, and they don't realize the work that goes into them. Then the dogs end up abused or abandoned, and that's where CRT comes in. They put the dogs in foster homes and get them the correct medical care, as well as working on socialization and training.
Chihuahuas are very obstinate little dogs, but their quirks are worth it, as they're also very devoted and loving. Nothing makes them happier at the end of the day than curling up in the bend of your knees...and not a lot makes me happier, either.
My family possibly loves Lester, my black and tan chihuahua, more than they love me...my relatives are always trying to get me to "loan" him to them for a while, and my mom sends him presents all the time. (Not me, now. Just him.) And my father claims not to like Lester, but when I'm at home Lester sleeps in his bed at night. Lester is very friendly and laidback, so much so that he'll snuggle up to complete strangers.

Mirabelle, technically my boyfriend's dog, is two pounds of feist and totally the boss...but she's more "typical" chihuahua and not a fan of strangers. She tried to attack the washer delivery man once, and of course he was completely terrified. I'm pretty ashamed of the fact that she also hates babies and went nutzo toward one at the festival. (Disclaimer: my BF would probably want you to know that he wanted a schnauzer, not a chihuahua, but, as general wrangler, those are really too big for me to handle comfortably.)



Best friends and occasional enemies...

1 comments:

90-Dayer said...

Oh, stop it! They are too stinkin cute. Lovin' the Elvis ;O)