CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog Award Thanks




I'm very flattered and excited that Lady D, a stylish fellow student who rocks everything she puts on, gave me a blog award!
I'm reposting her rules and passing it on to a few people, as well!
1.The nominated is allowed to put the picture on their blogs.
2.Link to the person who awarded you.
3.Nominate seven other people and link to them.
4.Leave a message on those people's blog to make them aware that they're nominated.

So, first up is D'rae, from Slices of Life, another fellow student who always looks chic and so put-together even though she's working and going to school at the same time. Also, she has to best collection of flats, and flats always make my heart flutter.


Next up is Allie from My Wardrobe Today...I hope I also manage to maintain great style as a mom-to-be! She shows how well it can be done.


I also greatly admire Boutique Girl at Things a Boutique Owner Sees, both for following her dream of owning a store and for her ability to always manage a different look that's somehow still true to her quirky-chic style. She has also inspired me to buy some colored tights!


And finally, the ladies at Cute on the Cheap...shopping on a budget is hard, but they always look great and are so gracious in their answers and return posts!
I also heartily endore Lady D's choices, because I love all those ladies, as well. Fashion blogs got me through civil procedure today. Well, that and "Fowl Words." I love that game.

In other news, I'm starting my "Butt and Gut" exercise class tomorrow...I've been living on fast food and watching too much TV lately, and since I want to look great in Greece, to the gym I go! I bought some cute exercise outfits and actually started working out yesterday, which led to some pretty sore muscles and a big bruise from where I fell (almost to my death) off the Stairmaster. Why are the new machines so tall? And why did I set the speed so high? The people around me were not amused when I plummeted backward to the floor, but since I'm pretty used to incidents like that I remained unfazed.


Outfit: Striped navy pants: AT Factory; Open-weave cardigan: AT Factory; Shoes: Liz Claiborne via outlet; Beaded cami: JC Penney; Heart locket: 16th birthday present from the parents; Nail polish: OPI's Chocolate Shakespeare, my new favorite color. It's hard for pasty people to do bronzy brown, but this looks great.
I don't usually like to wear the pieces from the same store together like this, but I make an exception when I think I can't find anything that would go better with them...I might try a thin-knit mustard-colored cardi with the pants, next time.


2 comments:

Boutique Girl said...

Thank you very much for the award and for the lovely words!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the award! I appreciate it!